Welcome to Teach LA
The Teach Louisiana website serves as a one-stop shop for information regarding teacher certification, preparation programs, and employment opportunities. To view this information, access the tabs at the top of the page or the links to the right. To create an account with teachlouisiana.net, click here.
Talent Recruitment System
The Teach LA website now includes a new feature called the Talent Recruitment System to help districts find potential teacher and leader candidates and to help potential candidates find vacancies. The Talent Recruitment System matches teacher and leader candidates with districts/school vacancies. This system allows Human Resource personnel to post job vacancies to the Teach Louisiana website, as well as view applicant matches in their inbox. Teachers and leaders are now able to create employment profiles and browse vacancies more easily. To view job vacancies and/or for viewing step-by-step instructions on creating an employment profile, click on the Jobs tab at the top of the home page. Click here to register as a Teach LA account holder and then you will be able to create your Employment Profile.
The Algiers Charter School Association
will host two recruitment events
during the month of June. Don’t miss out on this employment opportunity!
- Elementary Teacher Recruitment Day: Tuesday, June 3, 2014 @ the Algiers Regional Library, 3014 Holiday Drive, New Orleans 70114 from 10 am - 5 pm.
- Landry-Walker High School Teacher Recruitment Day: Tuesday, June 10, 2014 @ Landry-Walker High School, 1200 L.B. Landry Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70114 from 10 am - 5 pm.
Please contact Avery Drake at firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Job Fairs:
- You are invited to the Acadia Parish Teacher Job Fair on Wednesay, June 4, 2014. Acadia Parish Teacher Fair (PDF)
- St Landry Parish Teacher Job Fair. Friday June 6, 2014 from 9:30 a.m. - 12:00 Noon at the St Landry Parish Resource Center- 1013 Creswell Lane, Opelousas, LA 70570.
- Richland Parish Job Fair. 827 Louisa Street, Rayville, LA 71269. June 2, 2014 from 9:00 – 12:00. Bring resume. Applications available online at richland.k12.la.us
- Downsville Charter School Job Fair - Wednesday, June 4, 2014 from 9:00 – 11:00 located at 4787 Hwy 151, Downsville, LA 71234. Contact (318) 982-5318 with questions.
Natchitoches Parish School Systems is seeking a dynamic, motivated educational leader to join them as Superintendent of Schools. Click here to learn more.
The Louisiana Resource Center for Educators (LRCE) will provide CTTIE New Instructor Workshop July 28 – August 1, 2014, at their facility in Baton Rouge. This workshop is for new CTTIE teachers or current CTTIE teachers who must complete PD hours for license renewal. In addition to the quality foundation training provided in topics such as lesson planning and assessment, this summer’s workshop will include a classroom management session with Annette Breaux and a session on high school exit options with Mary Wilson-Arrasmith of West Baton Rouge Parish. Brochure and registration form are available at the following link: http://lrce.org/apps/news/show_news.jsp?REC_ID=290508&id=0.
CTI Workshop Brochure Summer 2014.pdf
CTE Workshop Registration Summer 2014.pdf